The International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN) is a leading annual forum on research in networked sensing and control, broadly defined. IPSN brings together researchers from academia, industry, and government to present and discuss recent advances in both theoretical and experimental research. Its scope includes signal and image processing, information and coding theory, databases and information management, distributed algorithms, networks and protocols, wireless communications, collaborative objects and the Internet of Things, machine learning, mobile and social sensing, and embedded systems design. Of special interest are contributions at the confluence of multiple of these areas.
Like prior years, IPSN 2019 will continue its co-location with CPS-IoT WEEK, the premier venue for research and development of Cyberphysical Systems, and its strong focus on algorithms, theory, and systems for information processing using networks of embedded, human-in-the-loop, or social sensors, as well as new hardware and software platforms, design methods, architectures, modelling, implementation, evaluation, deployment experiences, and tools for networked embedded sensor systems and the Internet of Things. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Sensor data storage, retrieval, processing
- Streaming sensor system tasking and operation
- Coding, compression, and information theory
- Theoretical foundation and fundamental bounds
- Network and system architectures and protocols
- IoT gateway platform architecture and services
- Outdoor, wide-area sensing systems
- Location, time, and other network services
- Programming models, languages, and systems
- Programming models for IoT ensembles
- Modeling, simulation, and measurement tools
- Operating systems and runtime environments
- Applications in health, wellness & sustainability
- Applications in smart cities and urban health
- Experiences, challenges, comparisons of platforms
- Discovery, coordination, and use of IoT services
- Security and privacy in heterogeneous systems
- IoT reliability, adaptability, and dependability
- Technical assessment of emerging IoT standards
- Wearable systems and data processing algorithms
- Sensor-enabled drone platforms and algorithms
In addition to IPSN's traditional focus, IPSN 2019 will place a particular emphasis on embedded machine learning and computer vision, with a special track centered on these topics. In this case, topics of interest include, but are not limited to::
- Machine learning and deep learning on sensor data
- New hardware and system design to enable machine learning on sensor data
- Novel embedded machine learning algorithms
- Data related issues, such as methods, tools, and analysis
- Computer vision for resource-constrained and mobile platforms
Submission guidelines will be available soon.
As in previous years, IPSN will also elicit a review and response process. After the initial review, the program committee may request a short response from selected papers for additional clarifications. The authors will get a short time window of roughly 24 hours to respond. Participation to the response process is not mandatory.
The two conferences are collaborating to create new synergies, also exploiting their CPSWEEK bi-annual co-location. Prospective authors are thus strongly encouraged to consider these guidelines:
- Contributions of embedded nature and applying to network segments from the IoT gateway to field devices should be submitted to IPSN. Examples include localization, low-power wireless networking, and embedded data processing.
- Contributions with an end-to-end perspective or applying to network segments from the IoT gateway to the cloud should be submitted to IoTDI. Examples include cloud data processing, edge computing, and systems covering multiple network segments.
The TPC chairs of both conferences may agree to move a submitted paper from one to the other if they see a better fit, subject to the authors’ consent. The final decision about where to submit, and therefore what program committee will review the work, ultimately rests with the authors.
|Paper Submission Deadline: (Firm*):||October, 17th 2018 11:59pm AoE|
|Authors’ rebuttal period||December 17th - 19th, 2018|
|Acceptance Notification:||January 16th, 2019|
|Camera-Ready Deadline:||February 15th, 2019|